The 33rd annual Bronx Puerto Rican Day Parade
was held on Sunday, September 22 along the
Grand Concourse from East 164th to East 173rd
streets. The event was hosted by Artie and sponsored
by Ridgewood Savings Bank, MetroPlus,
Bronx Care, Urban Health and Teddy Cars. Darlene
Rodriguez, co-anchor of WNBC’s Today in
New York, was a special guest.
(1) Urban Health fl oat with parade godmother
Paloma Hernandez, wearing the white sash.
(2) New parade chairwoman Alex Tirado with
Councilman Mark Gjonaj.
(3) Nya, second princess of the parade, waves a
Puerto Rican fl ag on a fl oat.
(4) National Gold Star mother (l) Emily Toro and
parade board member Gloria Rodriguez.
(5) Brianna Fernandez, 2019 concursante.
(6) (l-r) Senior parade queen Cookie, parade vice
president Luis Alonso and parade board member
(7) Ribbon-cutting ceremony beforehand with
parade board member Gloria Rodriguez, singer
Candela, Councilwoman Vanessa Gibson, parade
godmother Paloma Hernandez, Bronx District Attorney
Darcel Clark, parade grand marshal Jose
Luis Cruz, new parade chairwoman Alexa Tirado,
new parade president Maribel Mercado and others.
(8) The parade’s past royal court queens and
princesses, including Michelle Pinto, Rosemary
Colon, Rebecca Carrion, Kaitlyn Diaz, Ciara
Aviles, Marisabel Soto, Jade Rivera and Bernice
(9) Young boy plays the drums at the parade.
(10) Offi cer of the year Nilda Hoffman.
(11) The Ancers Dreamzzz group.
(12) Parents of the Ancers Dreamzzz group.
(13) Bronx LGBT Expo CEO Albert Rodriguez, Fabio
Sardo, Steven Lamar Monroe, founder Jose
Ramon, Luis Torres and GNote Entertainment
brand ambassador Egypt LaBeija hold a banner
displaying Puerto Rico pride, allies and new
pride fl ags.
(14) Spunky Kids Entertainment group.
Day Parade Concourse
BRONX TIMES REPORTER, O BTR CTOBER 4-10, 2019 17