WAS NOVEL, BUT WE’RE
READY FOR WHATEVER
That’s because we have been bringing the best and latest medical care, nursing and therapy to
bring life to geriatric care for over a century, and were even caring for New York’s elders during all
three waves of the 1918-19 Spanish Flu. We’ve learned a lot since that time, and that’s why Parker’s
COVID-19 response was quick:
• Monitored the coronavirus’ development from the beginning of 2020, and initiated our defense plan.
• Used our own resources rather than wait for any additional assistance to provide adequate
personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff.
• Closed our facility to non-essential visitors before being required to do so.
• As a leading academic campus for healthcare professionals, we mandated special training
covering best practices, patient care, infection control protocols and personal safety.
• Early and ongoing testing of both symptomatic and asymptomatic residents, patients and staff
to improve early detection and isolation.
One thing Parker knows that is still true today is that our best science and medical practices are
never enough without the genuine loving and compassionate bonds Parker caregivers form with our
residents and patients.
Short Term Rehabilitation | Long Term Care | Social Adult Day Care | Home Health Care | Hospice | Palliative Care
Inpatient And Outpatient Dialysis | Medical House Calls | Managed Long Term Care | Medicare Advantage Plan
271-11 76th Avenue New Hyde Park, NY 11040 | 877-727-5373 | parkerinstitute.org
WWW.QNS.COM | AUGUST 2020 | LEHAVRE COURIER 19