Welcome to once-monthly HIV treatment.
Once a month, and you’re
good to go.
CABENUVA is the only complete, long-acting
prescription injectable used to replace daily
HIV pills in certain adults.
CABENUVA is given as two injections monthly by a
healthcare provider, after taking about a month of
once-daily starter pills. It’s important to attend
"HIV pills aren't on
my mind anymore."
Ask your doctor about CABENUVA
It's a long-acting injectable that works
continuously to keep you undetectable
for an entire month.*
* Undetectable means the amount of HIV in the blood is below
the level that can be measured by a lab test. Results may vary.
Orlando has been compensated by ViiV Healthcare.
BEFORE RECEIVING CABENUVA
Tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions,
including if you:
• have ever had a skin rash or an allergic reaction to medicines that contain
cabotegravir or rilpivirine.
• have or have had liver problems, including hepatitis B or C infection.
• have ever had mental health problems.
• are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if CABENUVA will
harm your unborn baby. CABENUVA can remain in your body for up to 12
months or longer after the last injection.
Please see additional Important Facts About CABENUVA
on the following page.
Important Facts About CABENUVA
This is only a brief summary of important information about
CABENUVA and does not replace talking to your healthcare
provider about your condition and treatment.
(kab' en ue vah)
CABENUVA is a complete prescription regimen used to treat
HIV-1 infection in adults as a replacement for their current HIV-1
treatment when their healthcare provider determines that they meet
HIV-1 is the virus that causes Acquired Immune Deficiency
CABENUVA contains 2 different medicines:
It is not known if CABENUVA is safe and effective in children.
DO NOT RECEIVE CABENUVA IF YOU
• have ever had an allergic reaction to cabotegravir or rilpivirine.
• are taking certain medicines:
° dexamethasone (more than
a single-dose treatment), and/or
° St John’s wort (Hypericum
Schneps Media July 22, 2021 11