FOR BREAKING NEWS VISIT WWW.QNS.COM DECEMBER 21, 2017 • THE QUEENS COURIER 81
• Designing, building, installing, repairing; structures, fi xtures,
furniture, and other items, using diff erent types of materials
including wood and steel.
• Following safety rules, regulations, maintain a safe and clean
• Maintain records, document actions and present written progress
• Prepare cost estimates for clients or employers.
• Study specifi cations in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare
project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
• Work with subcontractors for areas such as heating and electrical
• Select and order lumber and other required materials.
• Work with and/or remove hazardous material.
• Perform minor plumbing, welding and/or concrete mixing work.
• Erect scaff olding and ladders for assembling structures above ground
• Install structures and fi xtures, such as windows, frames, fl oorings, and
trim, or hardware, using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
• Arrange for inspections of ceiling or fl oor tile, wall coverings, siding,
glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures, Construct
forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
• Apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative paneling to
ceilings and walls.
Other responsibilities include general commercial and residential
carpentry such as:
Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, fl oors, and other wooden
fi xtures used in buildings. Remove damaged or defective parts or
sections of structures and repair or replace. Finish surfaces of woodwork
or wallboard. Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or
props. Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level. Fill cracks
and other defects in plaster
• MUST BE ABLE TO READ BLUEPRINT AND PLANS
• Must be capable of using hand tools, machines, or power saw to shape
or cut materials to specifi ed measurements.
• Must have good communication skills and attendance.
• Applicants must successfully pass a drug screen and background
FULL TIME POSITION AVAILABLE IN CORONA, NY
E-mail resume to: HR@vaggelasconstruction.com
PUZZLE ON PAGE 79
HELP WANTED Help Wanted HELP WANTED
SECURITY - PT/FT BKLYN/QNS- RETAIL
Guard Lic. needed. Call 347-386-5547
Med.Asst. Med Lab Asst.
CNA ($895), Nurse Tech/Pct
Pharm Tech. EZ Pymnt Plan
Call 718-657-1562, Lic. by NYSED
QNS.COM HOUSE FOR SALE
IDEAL FOR INVESTOR OR OWNER
2 family semi detd., 6
rms., 3 bdrms. over 5
rms. 2 bdrms., pvt.
driveway in front, pvt.
EARN EXTRA $$$$$$
FOR THE WINTER SEASON
AERO SNOW, THE LARGEST SNOW MELTING AND REMOVAL COMPANY IN THE COUNTRY IS
SEEKING BOTH EXPERIENCED HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATORS AND INDIVIDUALS SEEKING
TO LEARN A NEW SKILL FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
PORT WASHINGTON, NY
THESE ARE TEMPORAY ON CALL POSITIONS.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
FRONT END LOADERS OPERATORS
RUBBER TIRE DOZER OPERATORS
4W/D VEHICLES W/ DRIVERS
DUMP TRUCKS W/ PLOW DRIVERS
PLEASE CALL 516-467-5131
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT EOE