20 MAY 7, 2020 RIDGEWOOD TIMES WWW.QNS.COM
Make your Mother’s Day gift with your own two hands
BY RONDA ADDY
Has the budget crunch hit your piggybank?
This year, why not save money and make
Mom a Mother’s Day gift she will cherish for
years to come? Don’t have any ideas? Here are a few
to choose from.
#1 Mom Medallion
Juice can lid
5-inch white doily
White craft glue
Photo of yourself
1/4-inch wide red satin ribbon
1. Cover work surface with newspaper.
2. Using the pen and juice lid, cut out the center
of the doily.
3. Pour a small amount of glue into the yogurt
container. Take the paintbrush and spread the glue
evenly on top of the juice can lid.
4. Press the doily into the center of the lid. Let
5. Trace the lid around the part of the photo you
want to have on the opposite side of the medallion
and cut it out.
6. Spread more glue on the bottom of the juice can
lid, press the photo into place and let dry.
7. Using the red marker, write # 1 Mom on the doily
side of the medallion.
8. Cut a piece of ribbon that will fi t around Mom’s
neck and knot it at the end.
9. Use the glue gun to apply a drop of glue to the
back of the juice can lid above the edge of the photo.
Press the knot of the ribbon into the hot glue and
hold in place until secure.
10. Squeeze a thin line of glue around the edge of
the doily and completely cover it with red glitter. Let
dry and shake off the excess.
Nontoxic red stamp pad
1. Cut two 8-inch rectangles from cardstock.
2. Practice pressing your thumb on the stamp pad
and creating two overlapping prints in the form of
a V on scrap paper.
3. When ready, make the same berry mark on the
cardstock and let dry. 4. Use the colored markers to
draw stems and seeds on the berry, create a border
and write a message to Mom.
5. Punch a hole in the bookmark and tie a ribbon
— Courtesy Creative Commons
Finest Quality Monuments
Serving All Cemeteries In The Tri-State Area
EXPERT CEMETERY LETTERING WITHOUT
REMOVING THE MONUMENT OR
DISTRUBING THE GRAVE
No Obligation - Free Estimates
40 Years of Experience
P: 718-628-9671 F: 718-628-9685 • email: Jwstagnitta@gmail.com
We really do care
Families have been
relying on us
for the last
For All The Special Women Thank
You Happy Mother's Day to all the
Mom's for giving their all.
To all the nurses for going above and
Happy Mother's Day beyond