18 OCTOBER 8, 2020 RIDGEWOOD TIMES WWW.QNS.COM
Ridgewood Property Owners
& Civic Association, Inc.
“After 86 years of community service, we’re still building a reputation, not resting on one.”
P.O. Box 860077
Ridgewood, NY 11386
NEW CB5 CAPITAL BUDGET ALLOCATES FORTY PERCENT TO
Board members of Queens Community Board 5, which includes
Ridgewood, will be voting on the Capital Budget survey of CB5
for fiscal year 2022 which begins next July 1st. This survey lists
the capital budget items the Community Board would like to see
funded for the communities of Ridgewood, Glendale, Maspeth
and Middle Village. There are 33 capital projects for which the
Executive Committee of CB5 agreed to seek funding. Thirteen of
those items directly affect Ridgewood. They are as follows:
1. The reconstruction of Wyckoff Avenue from Flushing Avenue to
2. The reconstruction of Benninger Playground on Madison Street
3. The reconstruction of broken sidewalks, curbs and pedestrian
ramps along Myrtle Avenue from Fresh Pond Road to Wyckoff
4. The reconstruction of the softball area and basketball courts
at Rosemary’s playground (IS 93 Playground)
5. The rehabilitation of the Ridgewood Reservoir, Phase 2,
including portions of Highland Park in Queens.
6. Provide new street tree plantings and stump removal in
Ridgewood and the rest of Community Board 5.
7. The reconstruction of Evergreen Park, Phase 3.
8. The reconstruction of Fresh Pond Road from Myrtle Avenue to
9. The reconstruction of Palmetto Street from St. Nicholas
Avenue to Seneca Avenue and from Onderdonk Avenue to
10. The reconstruction of the following M and L train stations –
DeKalb Avenue, Halsey Street, and Jefferson Street.
11. Rehabilitate the 104th Police Precinct station.
12. Install mini comfort stations in Starr Street Playground and
Benninger Park in Ridgewood.
As Paul Kerzner, counsel for the Ridgewood Property Owners &
Civic Association, who is a member of CB5’s Executive Committee
stated: These thirteen capital projects for Ridgewood comprise
40 percent of the total capital budget requests of CB5. We in
Ridgewood appreciate the support that we have received from
fellow members of CB5, from our neighboring Board members
of Glendale, Maspeth, and Middle Village, to support the capital
requests of our sister communities in CB5.”
“Representing the property owners of one of the largest Federal Historic Districts in the Nation.“
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK FOR LUNCH AND DINNER
Right here in the heart of Ridgewood
66-11 FOREST AVENUE
1-718-497-1300 or 1-718-497-3734 • Between Gates Ave & Palmetto St.
HIGH ACCLAIM 1/2 Daily News
Joe's wishes everyone well.
We are open for pick-up orders
and short distance delivery.
WE ARE NOW OPEN
WITH OUTDOOR DINING
EVERYTHING COOKED TO ORDER • ASK FOR OUR DAILY SPECIALS
• CATERING AVAILABLE
You can find us on www.joesrestaurantny.com
Accepting Credit Cards