46 THE QUEENS COURIER • OCTOBER 1, 2020 FOR BREAKING NEWS VISIT WWW.QNS.COM
professional, health and home service directory
C.J.M. CONTRACTING INC.
STAY STRONG...WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
WE ARE FOLLOWING CDC REQUIREMENTS USING MASKS & GLOVES!
1. Respiratory organ of invertebrates.
5. A fashionable resort or hotel.
8. The fragrant wood of an East
Indian tree of the Mezereon family.
12. An accompanied elaborate
melody sung (in an opera) by a
13. To use or pay out.
15. An infinitesimal amount.
16. To affix a signature to.
17. Any of the various flour and
egg food preparations of Italian
origin, made of thin, unleavened
dough and produced in a variety
18. A mongreal dog.
19. Of or pertaining to medieval
22. John Roderigo _ Passos,
author of the novel Three Soldiers.
23. One of the electrically charged
particles formed in a gas by electric
24. A lever or wheel controlling the
rudder of a ship for steering.
26. Portable often covered chairs
that are designed to carry one
person and borne on poles by
29. Inner courts open to the sky.
31. To detract from perfection or
32. Furnishes for consumption.
34. Expectorated matter made
up of saliva and often discharged
from the respiratory passages.
36. To make a mess of.
38. Back formation from dreary.
40. To lock up for safekeeping.
41. To come up again for consideration.
43. To show something to be false
45. A graduation of a color or tint.
46. Importance or significance
attached to a thing.
48. Neither bold nor self-assertive:
tending toward diffidence.
A+ Better Business Bureau Rating
50. A typically curved structure
spanning an opening and serving
as a support.
51. A sudden, spasmodic, painless
involuntary muscular contraction,
as of the face.
52. Acronym for International
Telephone & Telegraphy Company.
54. A simultaneous belief in two
61. Mira _, director of the film
63. _ words were never spoken.
64. At some indefinite time in the
65. Synonym for satiate.
66. 2002 film directed by M. Night
67. A yellow pressed cheese of
Dutch origin usually made in flattened
balls and often coated with
68. A disorder of the skin caused
by inflammation of the skin glands
and hair follicles.
69. Acronym for Subersonic
70. A controversial TV show during
the late 1970s.
1. A young woman.
2. A variation of urico-, especially
before a vowel.
3. Near in space, time or relation.
4. Having fish scales consisting
of bone and an outer shiny layer
5. Resorts with mineral springs.
6. A plant or animal detrimental to
humans or human concerns.
7. A prefix meaning against.
8. To direct a course.
9. Loud, gossipy or indiscreet
10. _ Preminger, director of the film
11. Informal word for food.
13. Formed an arch over.
14. A Russian country house or villa.
with this ad
20. A shaped or molded often
symmetrical mass of food.
21. To hold something in regard
25. To listen to very attentively, as
in hung on the _ of.
26. Of, relating to or used in selling.
27. An act of belching.
28. Natives of Serbia.
29. Sacred song or hymn.
30. Strong of character.
31. Abbreviation for manufacturer.
33. Pee _, a river flowing through
Central North Carolina and NE
South Carolina into the Atlantic
35. Synonym for frightened.
37. Aaron _, vice president of the
United States, 180105.
39. A group of people involved in a
noisy, violent public disorder.
42. Abbreviation for received.
44. To assemble by cutting and
47. Hypodermic injections of a
serum, vaccine, narcotic or anesthetic.
49. Sounds heard again near their
source after being reflected.
52. A member of the Quechuan
people of Peru who maintained an
empire until the Spanish conquest.
53. A very soft mineral that is a
basic silicate of magnesium, has a
soapy feel and is used especially
in making talcum powder.
55. Leon _, author of the novel
56. Slang meaning crazy or
57. A suffix occuring in loan words
58. A combining form representing
India in compound words.
59. Abbreviation for National
Collegiate Athletic Association.
60. A strong, brave warrior.
62. A hardy annula grass that is
widely grown for grain and as a
ANSWERS ON PAGE 49
CALL LIAB. DISAB + W/C INS.
• Bathrooms • Kitchens
• Basement • Carpentry
• Roofing • Flat Shingle
• Attics • All Renovations
• Masonry • Stoops
• Brickwork • Waterproofing
• Pointing • Windows
• Expert in Mold Mediation
• Mold Abatement
• Certified Fire & Flood Restoration
RELIABLE PROMPT SERVICE